2023 Top 1000 Report
Digital Commerce 360’s Top 1000 Report is the ultimate guide for retailers, investors and technology providers of ALL sizes to drive growth online.
Packed with over 200 charts, benchmarking data and growth analyses, this report covers every inch of the pre- and post-pandemic ecommerce landscape and answers the most-asked questions across the industry, like:
- The Top 1000 added $75 billion in incremental revenue in 2022. What are the implications for retailers?
- How has ecommerce penetration changed coming out of the pandemic?
- What are the 5 key predictions for online retail moving forward?
- How has inflation affected conversion rates and AOVs?
- BOPIS v curbside pickup: which is the winner?
- Are mobile apps the key to higher sales?
- Why is growth slowing for digitally native brands?
- Is Buy Now, Pay Later worth the risk?
With over 20 years of experience under our belt, only Digital Commerce 360 can deliver the high-quality intelligence and exclusive insights included in this report.
Find out why the Top 1000 – our flagship product and all-time bestselling report – continues to be the most trusted source of ecommerce research by businesses around the world.
View the table of contents for full details on what’s included in the report.
Published June 2023
Rankings, Benchmarks and Category Data
In addition to a full ranking of the Top 1000 online retailers by 2022 web sales, this report includes:
- Category data snapshots on the 14 key merchant categories of the Top 1000
- Fastest-growing retailers by merchant type/merchandise category
- Benchmark data, including conversion rates, AOVs, shipping, omnichannel, mobile, payments, web features and many more
Here’s a sample of the Jewelry category data:
Executive Overview & Growth Analysis
Read through our major findings on how the three-year pandemic period has affected the Top 1000. Topics include:
- 10 key insights from the Top 1000
- Bankruptcies, acquisitions and funding
- Inflation and supply chain worries
- 5 predictions for online retail
- How retailers are adapting to shoppers’ changing needs
200+ Data-Packed Charts
Visualize the power of the Top 1000 and trends in North American ecommerce in over 200 charts and graphs, covering topics like:
- Amazon vs. Top 1000 pandemic-era growth
- Top 10 payment methods offered by the Top 1000 in 2022
- Acquisitions involving Top 1000 retailers since 2022
- Top 1000 retailers that offer free shipping options
Here’s a sample from the report:
WHY YOU SHOULD BUY IT
Digital Commerce 360’s Top 1000 Report is the most thorough analysis of U.S. ecommerce available anywhere on the market.
This report is a must-have resource for retailers, investors and service providers looking to grow a robust online business and succeed in today’s transforming retail world.
OTHER CONTENT YOU MAY LIKE
North America’s leading 1,000 online retailers, ranked by annual web sales
North America’s leading 500 online retailers, ranked by annual web sales
North America’s online retailers ranked 1,001-2,000 by annual web sales
Analysis of the U.S. online retail data and performance over the past year