Next 1000 Database
Digital Commerce 360’s 2023 Next 1000 Database is a complete ranking and data dive into the leading online retailers ranked 1,001-2,000 by annual web sales and headquartered in North America.
Following a year of seismic shifts in online shopping, digital revenue seemed to taper off in 2022 as the economy was rebuilding—but it was a different story for the up-and-comers in North American ecommerce. The Next 1000 online retailers grew faster than the Top 1000 and the Top 500 in ecommerce sales.
These retailers across the U.S. increased web sales by 5.9% from the previous year and sold nearly $17 billion worth of goods in 2022.
Part of the most comprehensive data we’ve compiled to date, our expert research team surveyed retailers, studied website traffic data and analyzed key trends to identify all the significant ecommerce websites selling to North American consumers.
Published April 2023*
*While we formally launch new editions of each database product annually, we make necessary updates to our rankings and data throughout the year.
ABOUT OUR DATABASES
Whether you’re looking to explore companies in apparel, home goods or food and beverage, Digital Commerce 360 Ecommerce Databases provide a unique view of a retailers’ overall ecommerce business.
To put it simply, our databases are a single access point to raw financial and performance data on public and private companies and across several geographical regions.
Ranking of North America’s Next 1000 Online Retailers
Financial & Performance Metrics
- Ranking by 2022 web sales
- 1 Year Web Sales Range (5 Years Exact Included in Pro Database)
- Company Information
- Customer Service and Marketing Data
- Shipping, Mobile and Omnichannel Data
- Payments and Operational Data
- Shopper Profiles
- Technology Vendor Information
- Website Traffic & Features
What’s New in 2023
- Sub-Categories are here! Over 90 new sub-categories have been added to the filters within our 15 main categories
- Added Marketplace Operator
- 7 new metrics under Retailer Summary
- DNVB (Digitally Native, Vertically Integrated)
- Luxury (Yes/No)
- Used/Second-Hand Goods
- Product Rentals
- Livestream Shopping
- 4 new metrics under operations for web performance
- First Contentful Paint
- Time to Interactive
- Fully Loaded Time
- 4 new shipping metrics
- Unconditional Free Shipping
- Free Shipping with Minimum Order
- Free Shipping Dollar Amount
- Free Shipping with Other Prerequisite
- 3 new payment types
- Any BNPL
- Any Cryptocurrency
WHY YOU SHOULD BUY IT
Digital Commerce 360’s 2023 Next 1000 Database is the most up-to-date and accurate financial and performance data that exists on North American ecommerce, giving you a detailed look at the online retailers to keep your eyes on this year.
RELATED CONTENT YOU MAY LIKE
A detailed analysis of North America’s leading online retailers ranked 1,001-2,000
Rankings and data on North America’s leading 500 online retailers
Rankings and data on North America’s leading 1000 online retailers