Top 500 Database
Digital Commerce 360’s 2023 Top 500 Database is a complete ranking and data dive into the leading online retailers ranked 1-500 by annual web sales and headquartered in North America.
Following a year of relatively normal growth in online shopping, digital revenue seemed to taper off in 2022—including for some of the biggest brands in the world. The Top 500 online retailers managed to grow their online business despite challenging economic factors.
The highest-performing retailers across the U.S. increased web sales by 5.4% from the previous year and sold $968.6 billion worth of goods in 2022, collectively accounting for over 95% of all Top 1000 ecommerce sales.
Part of the most comprehensive data we’ve compiled to date, our expert research team surveyed retailers, studied website traffic data and analyzed key trends to identify all the significant ecommerce websites selling to North American consumers.
Published April 2023*
*While we formally launch new editions of each database product annually, we make necessary updates to our rankings and data throughout the year.
ABOUT OUR DATABASES
Whether you’re looking to explore companies in apparel, home goods or food and beverage, Digital Commerce 360 Ecommerce Databases provide a unique view of a retailers’ overall ecommerce business.
To put it simply, our databases are a single access point to raw financial and performance data on public and private companies and across several geographical regions.
Ranking of North America’s Top 500 Online Retailers
Financial & Performance Metrics
- Ranking by 2022 web sales
- 1 Year Web Sales Range (5 Years Exact Included in Pro Database)
- Company Information
- Customer Service and Marketing Data
- Shipping, Mobile and Omnichannel Data
- Payments and Operational Data
- Shopper Profiles
- Technology Vendor Information
- Website Traffic & Features
What’s New in 2023
- Sub-Categories are here! Over 90 new sub-categories have been added to the filters within our 15 main categories
- Added Marketplace Operator
- 7 new metrics under Retailer Summary
- DNVB (Digitally Native, Vertically Integrated)
- Luxury (Yes/No)
- Used/Second-Hand Goods
- Product Rentals
- Livestream Shopping
- 4 new metrics under operations for web performance
- First Contentful Paint
- Time to Interactive
- Fully Loaded Time
- 4 new shipping metrics
- Unconditional Free Shipping
- Free Shipping with Minimum Order
- Free Shipping Dollar Amount
- Free Shipping with Other Prerequisite
- 3 new payment types
- Any BNPL
- Any Cryptocurrency
WHY YOU SHOULD BUY IT
Digital Commerce 360’s 2023 Top 500 Database the most up-to-date and accurate financial and performance data that exists on North American ecommerce, giving you a detailed look at the online retailers responsible for 96% of U.S. Top 1000 retail web sales.
RELATED CONTENT YOU MAY LIKE
A detailed analysis of North America’s leading 500 online retailers
Rankings and data on North America’s leading 1,000 online retailers
Rankings and data on North America’s leading online retailers 1,001-2,000