2022 B2B Distribution Report
There are roughly 630,000 distribution companies operating in the U.S. and Digital Commerce 360 estimates their web sales will rise to $8.0 trillion in 2022—up 20.4% from 2021.
What was once a world of face-to-face sales and manual orders has morphed into a world where nearly all aspects of business are digitally driven. Distributors of all sizes are mixing and matching ecommerce strategies and introducing new tools and services to drive growth online.
The goal? Turn first time online business buyers into loyal repeat customers.
Explore the 2022 B2B Distribution Report to get reliable data and analysis on the latest trends and strategies among the best in distribution. This includes:
- Updates on the current state of U.S. distribution and wholesaling in 2022
- Real life case studies on Bulbs.com and Sustainable Supply
- Tips and strategies to improve digital customer experience and meet expectations
- Study of B2B marketplaces, food service distributors and diversifying purchase channels
View the table of contents for full details on what’s included in the report.
Published September 2022
Executive Overview & Detailed Case Studies
Read through our major findings on the growth in U.S. distribution and wholesaling and get answers to top industry questions, including:
- Why and how has ecommerce become the mainstream for how distributors do business?
- How are distributors of all sizes successfully combating major headwinds such as supply chain disruption and high inflation?
- What strategies are distributors using to cater to digital-first buyers—and taking sales and market share away from others in the process?
- Why are customers demanding an Amazon-like experience when buying even complex goods and services—and how can you deliver it too?
20+ Data-Packed Charts
Start visualizing the power of strategies and trends in B2B distribution and share critical data with your colleagues and clients.
Mid-Year Digital Sales Report Card
Find out how top distributors—like MRC Global Inc., W.W. Grainger Inc., Watsco Inc. and Global Industrial—have performed in the first half of 2022.
Read through interviews with top executives, like Global Industrial CEO Barry Litwin, and explore brand-new data and sales projections. Here’s a sample:
WHY YOU SHOULD BUY IT
Our 2022 B2B Distribution Report is the most comprehensive study of U.S. B2B online distributors and wholesalers.
This report provides the data and analysis you need to see on distribution companies, their B2B ecommerce growth and how digital technology is transforming the distribution and wholesaling industry today and beyond.
OTHER REPORTS YOU MAY LIKE
Analyzing U.S. manufacturers and the state of B2B ecommerce
U.S. B2B Ecommerce Market Report
Analyzing the sales, growth and trends shaping the future of B2B ecommerce
Analyzing the leading 400 U.S. B2B online marketplaces