2019 U.S. B2B Ecommerce Market Report
How manufacturers, wholesalers and distributors are responding to the rapid growth in electronic purchasing by business customers, and the role of Amazon Business in driving this growth.
For the first time in 2018, most sales by U.S. manufacturers, wholesalers, distributors and retailers that sell in bulk went through electronic channels. The year also represented a milestone for B2B ecommerce websites and marketplaces: It was the first year that sales on those websites topped $1 trillion.
This 59-page 2019 U.S. B2B Ecommerce Market Report breaks down sales and growth trends by all the key B2B electronic channels, including not just websites and marketplaces but also purchasing via EDI and e-procurement software and specialized B2B networks. The report includes a detailed look at Amazon’s formidable B2B entry, Amazon Business, and exclusive survey data on the ecommerce plans of manufacturers, wholesalers and distributors, how they view Amazon Business and what factors are inhibiting their growth in B2B ecommerce.
View the table of contents for full details of what’s included in the report.
What’s included in The 2019 U.S. B2B Ecommerce Market Report
- 21 charts detailing key trends in B2B ecommerce
- Analysis of the three main channels of electronic B2B transactions, with estimates of sales and growth in each channel and key trends.
- Exclusive data from B2BecNews surveys of manufacturers, wholesalers and distributors on their ecommerce plans and priorities, their participation in Amazon Business and other marketplaces, and the inhibitors to their ecommerce growth.
- An in-depth look at Amazon Business, including the features it offers that account for its popularity, number of sellers and how it’s impacted other B2B players.
- Articles on personalization on B2B sites and how punch-out software can boost online sales.
- Four case studies of how companies are investing to improve their B2B websites, overcome internal obstacles to ecommerce and boost online sales.