Results from the 2021 holiday season are in. While online sales grew slower than in previous years, it was still a banner year. Online sales in November and December surpassed the $200 billion mark for the first time, according to Digital Commerce 360 estimates. Total retail sales jumped 14.0%, the highest recorded rate in decades. And ecommerce accounted for 24.1% of total 2021 holiday season sales.
Digital Commerce 360’s February Strategy Insights, “Unwrapping the 2021 holiday season,” dives into these exclusive stats and more trends that shaped the holiday season. The report includes the following in-depth articles written by Digital Commerce 360 editors:
- “Online holiday sales grow a more muted 10% in 2021” dives into the data trends of the 2021 holiday season.
- “2021 challenges push retailers to offer superior customer service during holiday season” showcases retailer examples of how merchants were able to meet shoppers’ high exceptions of customer service even during pandemic times.
- “How online consumers shopped over the 2021 holiday season” is a visual infographic of survey results on how consumers shopped online and why over the holiday season, how they adapted to fewer promotions and more out-of-stock items, and what online shopping services and features they plan to use more of in 2022.
- “Retailers look for answers as returns grow more complex and costly” recaps the state of returns and showcases several examples of how online merchants are tackling reverse logistics challenges.
- “Omnichannel delivery is here to stay” explores why omnichannel services like BOPIS and curbside are shaping the future of fulfillment.
Compliments of our sponsors: Digital River, Ekata, Noogata, Bolt, Logistyx
How to Become a Site Member for Free
Gain access to in-depth industry leading analysis to help you drive your business forward faster