Digital Commerce 360’s 2023 Europe Database is a complete ranking and data dive into the leading European online retailers, ranked 1-500 by annual web sales.
Like the ecommerce landscape for their North American counterparts, European retailers were able to hang onto online sales that exploded in 2020 even as growth decelerated the last two years (2021 and 2022).
Europe’s top 500 online retailers collectively grew ecommerce by 2.8% to $349.71 billion in 2022. While that’s a slowdown from the growths of 2020 and 2021, the fact that retailers managed to maintain some gains and grow slightly in these economic times is extraordinary.
In fact, digital revenue from the online retailers in the current Europe 500 has grown a remarkable 67% since 2019. A notable number of retailers were able to keep up the momentum in 2022: 59 retailers sold more than $1 billion online, 4 more than in 2021, and 149 retailers grew faster than collective Europe 500 in 2022.
Our database plans offer up to five years of web sales and competitive data on these retailers that range from $20 million to more than $22 billion in annual online sales.
Part of the most comprehensive data we’ve compiled to date, our expert research team surveyed and interviewed retailers, dug into public filings, studied website traffic data and analyzed key trends to identify all the significant players selling to European consumers.
Published June 2023*
*While we formally launch new editions of each database product annually, we make necessary updates to our rankings and data throughout the year.
ABOUT OUR DATABASES
Whether you’re searching for your next ecommerce solutions client, acquisition, investment opportunity, or simply researching new competitors, the Europe Database is an ecommerce prospector’s best tool.
Ranking of Europe’s Top 500 Online Retailers
|(VIEW SAMPLE PROFILE)|
Financial & Performance Metrics
- Ranking of Europe’s Top 500 Online Retailers
- 1 Year Web Sales Range (5 Years Exact Included in Pro Database)
- Company Information
- Customer Service and Marketing Data
- International Shipping, Mobile and Omnichannel Data
- Payments and Operational Data
- Shopper Profiles
- Technology Vendor Information
- Website Traffic & Features
What’s New in 2023
- All online retailers broken down into merchandise subcategory
- New types of business models, such as subscription models, used/second-hand goods, buy-back/trade-in program, and product rentals
- Added new features and functions of primary URLs such as: Livestream Shopping, Store Locators, and various shipping conditions such as unconditional free shipping
WHY YOU SHOULD BUY IT
Digital Commerce 360’s 2023 Europe Database is the most up-to-date and accurate financial and performance data that exists on European ecommerce, giving you a detailed look at the online retailers responsible for $349.71 billion in 2022 web sales.
RELATED CONTENT YOU MAY LIKE
Rankings and data on North America’s 1,000 leading online retailers
Rankings and data on Asia’s 300 leading online retailers
Rankings and data on Latin America’s 300 leading online retailers