Between sales and influence, ecommerce impacts more than half of total retail sales.
Physical stores remain an important part of retail, but because ecommerce is growing at a fast clip, retailers must pay attention and invest in both channels. For instance, shoppers want to research online and find out what products are available in store, pick up items without leaving their cars, have store and online prices match, and return online orders to a store. And all of these features require retailers of all types to invest in omnichannel services.
Stores generate roughly 84% of retail sales in the U.S., with online sales comprising the remaining 16% of total retail sales, ecommerce sales represent more than half of all retail sales growth. Plus, an additional 36% of offline retail sales are digitally impacted, which means that even though the final transaction didn’t occur online, ecommerce was somehow a part of the journey.
The Key Findings from the 2020 Omnichannel Report dives into the omnichannel operations of three segments of retailers: retail chains, such as Walmart Inc. and Target Corp.; consumer brand manufacturers, such as Nike Inc. and Canada Goose; and digitally native, vertically integrated brands, such as Casper and Warby Parker, many of which are opening their own stores.
Compliments of Radial
If you’re interested to purchase or learn more about the full 2020 Omnichannel Report ($399), please click here.
Get Listed In Our Vendor Directory
Join our community of vendors to reach an engaged audience in need of your services.
How to Become a Site Member for Free
Gain access to in-depth industry leading analysis to help you drive your business forward faster