Under Armour ecommerce sales accounted for 46% of the retailer’s direct-to-consumer sales in its fiscal fourth quarter ended March 31, 2023. The sporting gear retailer’s direct-to-consumer revenue grew 3% year over year in Q4, to $454 million.
Total Under Armour revenue for the quarter grew 8% to $1.4 billion, the retailer said in a May 9 statement. Revenue from sales in North America increased 3% to $862 million, and international revenue simultaneously increased 16% to $526 million.
Under Armour ecommerce growth
Furthermore Under Armour ecommerce sales grew 6% year over year in Q4. And for the year, Under Armour ecommerce increased 3% and represented 42% of total DTC business.
“From a digital perspective, we will continue to work to reduce promotional activities in our ecommerce business,” said Stephanie Linnartz, president and CEO. “However, in short order, ua.com must become a showcase for our brand. So we are investing in improving the digital experience, including better product presentation, streamlined checkout and faster mobile site speed.”
She also added that Under Armour’s wholesale business includes relationships with sports specialty stores, department stores and pure-play ecommerce companies. Under Armour wholesale revenue increased 10% year over year in the quarter.
In North America, she said, Under Armour’s “DTC business was flat during the quarter with solid ecommerce growth offset by softness in our retail stores.”
Under Armour Inc. ranks No. 102 in the Top 1000. The database is Digital Commerce 360’s ranking of the largest North American online retailers by web sales.
Under Armour earnings
For the fiscal fourth quarter ended March 31, 2023, Under Armour reported:
- Revenue increased 8% to $1.399 billion from $1.3 billion in the year-ago quarter.
- Under Armour ecommerce grew 6% and accounted for 46% of direct-to-consumer sales.
- DTC sales grew 3% to $454 million.
- Wholesale revenue increased 10% to $909 million.
- North America revenue increased 3% to $862 million.
For the fiscal year ended March 31, 2023, Under Armour reported:
- Under Armour revenue increased to $5.90 billion. That’s up 3% from $5.727 billion the previous fiscal year.
- Wholesale revenue increased 6% to $3.5 billion.
- Direct-to-consumer revenue decreased 3% to $2.3 billion.
- Under Armour ecommerce increased 3% and represented 42% of total DTC business for the year.
Percentage changes may not align exactly with dollar figures due to rounding. Check back for more earnings reports.
Do you rank in our database?
Submit your data with this quick survey and we’ll see where you fit in our next ranking update!
Stay on top of the latest developments in the ecommerce industry. Sign up for a complimentary subscription to Digital Commerce 360 Retail News.Favorite