With all that’s changed in retail in 2021, Cyber Monday is still the U.S.’s largest online shopping day. But online sales during the 2021 Cyber 5 period didn’t measure up to 2020’s pandemic boom. U.S. consumers spent $33.90 billion online during the five-day stretch from Thanksgiving to Cyber Monday, a 1.4% year-over-year decrease.
The December Strategy Insights “The 2021 Cyber 5 Report” details how everything went down on retail’s biggest weekend. Learn what happened by reading these in-depth articles written by Digital Commerce 360 editors:
- “Online Cyber 5 sales fall just short of 2020 pandemic peak” is a data-focused look at the weekend including sales estimates and growth figures comparing 2021 to 2020 and 2019.
- “Digital natives increasingly offer Cyber Monday deals” looks at the discounts digitally native brands offered on Cyber Monday and how they compared with the overall Top 100.
- In “82% of the Top 100 online retailers offer a sale on Cyber Monday” Digital Commerce 360 finds that the deals offered on Cyber Monday were roughly the same as the previous Monday for many top merchants.
- “Website outages, slowdowns hit dozens of retailers during Cyber 5” investigates the web performance issues over the Cyber 5 weekend.
- “Black Friday 2021 foot traffic rebounds after last year’s sharp decline” is a data-focused look at in-store shopping over the Cyber 5.
- “Marketers pivot holiday messaging strategy with challenging supply chain” showcases the strategic ways marketers communicated with shoppers during this season’s challenges.
- The feature-length piece “Online retailers work to turn pandemic buyers into holiday buyers” details how retailers are using the holiday period to strengthen ties with shoppers they acquired over the pandemic.
- “How will online toy sales fare for the holidays with out-of-stock inventory and supply chain woes” spotlights the challenges toy merchants face during the critical holiday season.
Compliments of: Sidecar, Amplience, Akamai, Impact, Melissa
How to Become a Site Member for Free
Gain access to in-depth industry leading analysis to help you drive your business forward faster