2017 E-Commerce Fulfillment Report
The E-Commerce Fulfillment Report: How cost, speed and choice drive delivery
Many systems have to come together to get a consumer’s online order delivered, and many forces are at play. In the Internet Retailer 2017 E-Commerce Fulfillment Report, learn how free shipping, speed and choice influence customers’ online shopping decisions, and how Amazon.com Inc. puts pressure on all those points to drive consumer expectations.
This report includes:
- A breakdown of Amazon fulfillment center locations—where they are in the U.S.
- Charts on Top 1000 retailers’ shipping strategies – who’s offering free shipping, free return shipping and what thresholds, if any, are the norm
- Consumer survey on what they expect from retailers when it comes to delivery
- A look at warehouse vacancy rates in the U.S.
- In-depth analysis of what retailers are doing to ensure their products can reach customers in a fast, reliable manner
- Highlights of what shipping carriers are doing to keep up with the surge in e-commerce parcel volume
- Profiles of the top 10 fulfillment providers in the U.S.
As e-commerce continues to grow at double-digit rates, fulfillment and delivery processes must keep pace with what consumers want. The parcel that lands on a customer’s doorstep, in a mailbox, at the corner drugstore or in a “smart” locker leaves a lasting impression and can determine whether a retailer receives return business. The E-commerce Fulfillment Report tells readers what consumers want when it comes to delivery, and which strategies are working to meet that demand.
See the table of contents to get a better understanding of what is included in the report.