Effective May 18, 2018
Digital Commerce 360 respects your right to privacy. In compliance with the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) we ensure all data is managed lawfully, fairly and transparently. By using our website and services you consent to our collection and use of your information as described in this policy. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request removal of your personal data.
Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation
Digital Commerce 360 complies with Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation. We only email contacts with whom we have had a business relationship within the last 2 years, individuals who have inquired about any of our products in the last 6 months or who have opted in to receive our marketing and third-party communications. Should you receive an unsolicited email from Digital Commerce 360, please email email@example.com and we will remove your personal data.
Collection of Information
We collect personal information from you when you:
- Use the Site
- Access our content, including articles, resources, webinars and podcasts
- Register or update an account on the Site
- Complete a form including but not limited to:
- DC360 newsletters
- Sponsored content
- Magazine subscriptions
- Contact us forms
- Order products and services
- Roundtable events
- Request for a quote
What we collect
The personal information that we collect and store may include but is not limited to:
- First name, last name, job title, business type, job role
- Contact information including email address and phone number
- Demographic data
- Any other information you provide during registration or completion of any forms or purchase of product(s)
This personal information may be collected from you during either online or offline transactions or during any contact with us. We do not share this information directly with any advertisers or sponsors unless it explicitly is stated at the time of collection.
Use of information
We may use the information we collect from and about you for any of the following purposes:
- To fulfill, deliver services, products, or transactions that you have requested
- To fulfill or respond to any requests you make with us
- To provide you with targeted offers and advertising on the Site
- To contact you with information and promotional materials and offers from our company as well as from our subsidiaries, affiliates, marketing partners, advertisers/sponsors and other third parties
- To contact you when necessary
- To review Site usage and operations
- To address problems with the Site, our business or our products and services
- To protect the security or integrity of the Site and our business
- To comply with the law
Access to Information You Provide to Us
You may access any personal information you provide to us by clicking “Update Email Preferences” at the bottom of any email from the Site, correct or modify any such personal information, or direct us to make no further use of your personal information. To do so, please send an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the standard operation of the Site, we may collect certain non-personal information from you, including but not limited to your browser type, operating system, IP (Internet Protocol) address and the domain name from which you accessed the Site. In addition, we may collect information about your browsing behavior, such as the date and time you visit the Site, the areas or pages of the Site that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing the Site, the number of times you return to the Site and other click-stream data.
This non-personal information may be collected through various technologies, including but not limited to server logs, cookies, and web beacons.
We may use information gathered from our multiple content vehicles to create a single user record. In addition, we may add additional information from third-party sources to expand, enhance or better service your interests.
When we may share your data:
We may share information collected about you under the following conditions:
- With your consent and knowledge of the data to be shared and to whom. As a publisher we provide multiple kinds of content services for your access. The content may be sponsored by an advertiser(s). Some typical examples are webinars, executive briefings, industry reports and whitepapers. The form for these registrations or downloads will identify the data that could be shared with the third party. If you do not want your data shared then you should not register or request that content.
- To third-party service providers supporting the Site and all related products and publications. Examples include but are not limited to:
- Our email service provider, which we use to send our newsletters and email campaigns
- Our credit card processor, which processes your paid product order
- Our fulfillment and mailing provider for our printed publications
- Our webinar provider, which collects registration information and hosts online presentations
- Online analytic tools such as Google Analytics, which provides analytics about website usage
- Other service providers assisting us with our business
- With government entities as needed to provide our services and where required by law
- As part of an acquisition or merger with another company, a partial or total sale of assets, or another corporate change, including bankruptcy
- To investigate, respond to or resolve problems or inquiries (including law enforcement or legal requests) or to protect, enforce, or defend our rights, assets and/or interests
- To prevent or respond to a violation of any law, regulation, or our Terms of Service, or as necessary to protect and defend our network security
We have taken reasonable steps to safeguard and secure the information we collect from Site visitors.
We do not direct the Site to, nor do we knowingly collect any personal information from, children under 13.