2019 U.S. Top 1000 Report
North America’s leading online retailers increased their worldwide online sales by 17.7% in 2018, according to the 2019 Internet Retailer Top 1000 Report. Even without No. 1 e-retailer Amazon.com Inc. bringing up the average with 20.0% growth, the rest of the Top 1000 would have increased their ecommerce sales by 16.8% in 2018.
Growth was widespread within the Top 1000. In fact, 475 Top 1000 companies increased their web sales by more than 15%, well above the 14.2% growth for the U.S. ecommerce market, and 342 increased their online sales by more than Amazon’s 20.0% growth rate.
The 160-page 2019 Internet Retailer Top 1000 Report draws on more than 200 data points for each of the 1,000 retailers and brands ranked to provide a granular view of all aspects of online retailing.
Here is what’s included in The 2019 Internet Retailer Top 1000 Report:
- More than 50 charts and tables that quantify the shifts in online retailing.
- An analysis of ecommerce versus total retail growth over the past decade.
- Data on which retailers and brands are growing the fastest and slowest, broken down by merchant type, merchandise category and size.
- In-depth looks at the ecommerce performance of web-only retailers, retail chains, consumer brands manufacturers and retailers with roots in print catalogs and TV shopping shows.
- A report on Amazon’s recent initiatives and the response of competitors and government regulators.
- Data from consumer surveys on how they shop online, their view of Amazon, how they view in-store pickup, their propensity to return online orders, and more.
- Benchmarks giving industry averages for such key metrics as conversion rate and average order value by merchant type and merchandise category, free shipping policies, loyalty programs, website activity and features, digital marketing programs, shopper demographics and more.
- Summaries of recent developments in such areas as online marketplaces, mobile commerce, omnichannel strategies, holiday sales and online grocery sales.