2018 Online Marketplaces Report
Online Marketplaces Gain Momentum Globally
This report highlights how the global leaders—and the merchants selling on them—are accelerating growth.
The proliferation of marketplaces in retail is hard to ignore: The largest marketplaces sold more than $1.5 trillion in 2017 and accounted for nearly half of all global online shopping. And the marketplace industry is growing, recording a more than 30% growth last year—double the growth of overall online retail.
The third edition of Internet Retailer’s Online Marketplaces Report dives into why the industry is growing and how it has become an integral part of ecommerce. The report mines data from the first-ever Internet Retailer Online Marketplaces Databases and analyzes the top 75 marketplaces in the world. This topic is important now more than ever before, as more consumers are shopping on marketplaces and the marketplaces have given merchants more reasons to sell on them. See the table of contents to get a better understanding of what is included in the report.
- 53-page downloadable PDF
- Growth analysis of the top 75 online marketplaces
- 2017 gross merchandise value (GMV) and growth of the top 15 global marketplaces
- Key data on the top 11 U.S.-based marketplaces, including 2017 GMV, growth, number of sellers and number of SKUs available online
- Data on Amazon and eBay’s market share in the U.S. for the last 5 years
- Shopper demographic data on top U.S. marketplaces, including Amazon, eBay and Walmart
- 2017 GMV and growth on the top 10 global apparel-focused marketplaces
- Data on how much funding marketplaces have raised
- In-depth analysis of eBay’s growth progress
- Strategies behind why retailers launch their own marketplaces
- Tips for sellers on how to build brand identity on Amazon
- Tips for seller son how to manage sales when selling on multiple marketplaces