Nearly 62% of retailers say they are increasing their digital marketing budget in 2021. That’s according to Digital Commerce 360’s new, seventh-annual digital marketing survey.
Marketing is a critical piece to any business, as online retailers need to both acquire and retain customers for a successful business. A third of merchants say they dedicate 51% or more of their digital marketing budget to customer acquisition and 48.3% of merchants say social media is one of the most effective channels for acquiring new customers.
The July Strategy Insights “Marketing to gain and retain shoppers“ includes the full results from the new retailer marketing survey and features the following articles written by Digital Commerce 360 editors:
- “Reimagining loyalty programs” highlights merchants, including Walgreen’s, David’s Bridal and others, on how they are modernizing their loyalty program with innovative rewards and personalized tools.
- “Seek and you shall find: How Vistaprint found ways to improve SEO” is a case study on how the online custom printer is improving SEO by better understanding how Google Inc. crawls and indexes its websites. Plus, “What Google really cares about (at least for today) when it comes to search rankings” gives an update on the latest criteria Google is using to rank ecommerce sites.
- “Retailers increase their digital marketing spend and focus on social media” is an infographic showcasing the results from Digital Commerce 360’s seventh-annual retailer marketing survey.
- “Should retailers sign up for subscription selling?” is a look at the pros and cons to offering a subscription as a part of a retailer’s business model.
- “How affiliate marketing drives traffic to retailer websites” looks at the different types of affiliate marketing and analyzes what works for different campaign goals.
Compliments of our sponsors: Partnerize, ScaleFast, Melissa
How to Become a Site Member for Free
Gain access to in-depth industry leading analysis to help you drive your business forward faster