A growing number of retailers are benefiting from vendor services rather than handling every facet of their ecommerce operation themselves.
In fact, 66.0% of Internet Retailer’s 2019 Top 1000 retailers use a vendor to power their ecommerce platform, compared with 34.0% who manage all, or at least some, of their platform management in house; 84.2% of Top 1000 retailers use a vendor for email marketing, compared with 15.8% that handle it in house or at least partially in house; and 79.2% of Top 1000 retailers use a vendor for personalization services compared with 20.8% that handle it in house or partially in house.
Additionally, 65% of retailers choose to use a vendor—compared with 35% who selected in house—when implementing a new technology, according to Internet Retailer’s 2019 Ecommerce Technology Survey of 160 retailers conducted in August 2019.
As merchants more often opt to look beyond their workforce for technology, it’s more important than ever for them to stay abreast of the ever-changing ecommerce vendor landscape. Internet Retailer’s just-released 2020 Leading Vendors to the Top 1000 helps retailers do just that. In this report, we rank the Top 10 vendors used by Internet Retailer Top 1000 retailers in 27 categories, offer real-world examples of how a range of vendor services are paying off for merchants, share data from an exclusive Internet Retailer survey of merchants and more.
Here’s what you get in this 105-page PDF report:
- The Top 10 leading vendors to retailers in the Top 1000 across 27 categories
- Data from an exclusive survey of 160 retailers regarding their vendor and technology plans
- 15 charts, including data on email marketing strategies of the Top 1000 and trends of online merchants, such as ecommerce platform plans and top reasons retailers use vendors
- Case studies on ecommerce platforms, fulfillment strategies, marketing automation with artificial intelligence and more
- Exclusive interviews with Shopify, Adore Me, Tumi, Perry Ellis and more
- The biggest mergers and acquisitions in the ecommerce vendor space across 2018-2019
The 2020 Leading Vendors to the Top 1000 E-Retailers is available to Digital Commerce 360 Gold and Platinum members as part of their paid memberships, which provide access to all of Digital Commerce 360’s recently published reports and certain online retailer databases. Single copy sales are available for $199.Favorite