Union Built PC Inc. listened to its labor union customers and redesigned its website to better meet their needs. The upgraded site, UnionBuiltPC.com, launched last week and now lets customers configure desktop, laptop and tablet computers and servers, and provides greater product detail and enhanced software demos.
The company’s union-made products target labor unions in the United States and Canada. “Union Built PC Inc. has been serving the I.T. needs of labor since 2003,” says Pete Marchese, director of operations. “We have strived to produce quality products assembled by union members with attention to technical support that is second to none. Our newly designed website is a giant leap forward in continuing this tradition, making it easier for all labor unions to equip their offices and training centers with union products.”
Union Built PC customizes hardware and software products for each customer. That led the company to provide more interactive tools on its website. “That allows them a more personalized experience, as well as a fully responsive design for easy access by smartphone, as well as all other devices,” Marchese says.
Union Built PC software includes a grievance management application that allows labor unions to manage the grievance-filing process from start through arbitration, and an application that automates the contract negotiating process.
Site upgrades include:
- Product pages—Expanded product specifications and pricing information, enhanced images, product variations, feature comparisons and parts.
- Shopping experience—Shipment tracking and order history.
- Customer portal—Access to customer order and service history, profile information, current order status, order tracking, and service request submissions.
- Software demos and resources—More detailed custom software demos and downloads and access to company sales reps for one-on-one consultations.
- Site search—Enhanced, integrated search and navigation on thousands of products and related content.
Sign up for a complimentary subscription to B2BecNews, a twice-weekly newsletter that covers technology and business trends in the growing B2B e-commerce industry. B2BecNews is published by Vertical Web Media LLC, which also publishes DigitalCommerce360.com, Internet Retailer and Internet Health Management. Follow Bill Briggs, senior editor, on Twitter @BBriggsB2B.
Follow us on LinkedIn and be the first to know when new B2BecNews content is published.