NETSUITE SUITEWORLD 2016 SAN JOSE, Calif.— May 18, 2016—NetSuite Inc. (NYSE: N), the industry’s leading provider of cloud-based financials / ERP and omnichannel commerce software suites, today announced significant new features designed to help wholesale distributors optimize their operations across warehouse management, ecommerce, order management and procurement. These new features are designed to enable wholesale distributors to adapt to rapidly changing customer expectations, competitive pressures and global scale. The enhancements announced today demonstrate NetSuite’s accelerated product innovation across all industries and for wholesale distribution in particular, at an unstoppable pace.
Wholesale distributors today confront significant challenges in the form of rising customer expectations for B2B commerce, increasingly distributed supply chains and greater pressure on margins. Additionally, new opportunities in the form of mobile computing, the Internet of Things and a global customer base made possible by the Internet, present their own challenges. NetSuite provides innovative distributors with a complete and connected business suite with scalable, intelligent, easy-to-use features that link together financials, ecommerce, inventory and customer data—enabling them to transform their business to meet the needs of the modern customer.
“Rapidly evolving customer expectations, increased competition and global distribution networks are forcing wholesale distributors to innovate and adapt in order to survive,” said Jim McGeever, President and COO of NetSuite. “With these enhancements, NetSuite provides a unified system with the tools they need to transform their business today and the flexibility to adapt to the challenges of tomorrow.”
The enhancements announced today deliver key benefits for wholesale distributors across warehouse management systems (WMS), ecommerce, order management and procurement.
WMS Lite for Nimble Distributors
Growing and innovative distributors often require many of the automation and scanning capabilities in the warehouse that their larger counterparts enjoy, but have few options besides expensive and legacy on-premise solutions. NetSuite WMS Lite extends NetSuite’s native inventory and warehouse capabilities with mobile RF handheld scanning. WMS Lite improves speed and accuracy through automation and is the ideal solution for less complex warehouses with less than 50,000 square feet or where significant optimization strategies aren’t required; retail stores that serve as a distribution center in an omnichannel world; and trucks, trailers and other non-traditional environments that can serve as distribution centers. NetSuite WMS Lite provides wholesale distributors with the following benefits:
- Improved Efficiency with Barcode Scanning. Replace manual warehouse processes with automation and RF mobile handheld scanning.
- Increased Customer Satisfaction. Distributors can increase order fill rates and fulfillment accuracy while reducing shipping errors.
- Better Visibility. Get real-time access into transactions and inventory movements as they are performed in the warehouse.
- Rapid Deployment. WMS Lite’s capabilities can be added to an existing NetSuite implementation in a matter of weeks without major process changes or disruptions.
B2B Ecommerce for Manufacturers and Distributors
Building on its longstanding history as a platform for distributors extending into ecommerce, NetSuite has released enhancements that support the following wholesale distribution processes, including:
- Multi-Channel Purchasing Support
- Google Tag Manager
- Password Protect Site
- Login to See Pricing
- Cancel Order
- Application Performance Sensor
- Alternative Payments
Order Management for the Modern Distributor
The release of NetSuite Intelligent Order Management helps wholesale distributors meet rising customer expectations and streamlines the constantly-evolving complexities of omnichannel order orchestration. Distributors can now automate how to best fulfill orders based on their inventory availability and the configurable business rules they establish inside NetSuite. New functionality includes:
- Order Sourcing and Allocation. NetSuite’s automatic location assignment allows vendors to optimize for reduced costs, faster delivery or a combination of factors to enable a fulfill-from-anywhere solution across all channels.
- Release for Fulfillment. Merchants get control over their release-for-fulfillment process with a second, automated process, which decides when to release orders and notifies each fulfillment location of which order to fulfill. Fulfillment managers get full visibility into the process – released orders, fulfillment status, order exceptions.
- Exception Management. Automatically handle most order exceptions so the business scales with fixed headcount. NetSuite attempts to fulfill exception orders then informs the CSR or fulfillment manager of an unfilled order. Exceptions caused by inventory discrepancies are automatically flagged for resolution.
- Order Management Insight and KPIs. Empower operations managers to measure their attainment of the perfect order with insight and intelligence, from promising and allocation, to orchestration and fulfillment, through to payments and returns.
NetSuite’s procure-to-pay capabilities provide a superior user experience, allowing organizations to make intelligent purchases, buying at the right time, at the right cost with an intuitive, simplified workflow and user interface. Enhancements to NetSuite’s procurement capabilities include:
- Request for Quote
- Purchase Contracts
- Vendor-Bill Payment Holds
- Blanket POs
Today, more than 30,000 companies and subsidiaries depend on NetSuite to run complex, mission-critical business processes globally in the cloud. Since its inception in 1998, NetSuite has established itself as the leading provider of cloud-based financials/enterprise resource planning (ERP) and omnichannel commerce software applications for businesses of all sizes. Many FORTUNE 100 companies rely on NetSuite to accelerate innovation and business transformation. NetSuite continues its success in delivering the best cloud business management software to businesses around the world, enabling them to lower IT costs significantly while increasing productivity, as the global adoption of the cloud accelerates.
Follow NetSuite’s Cloud blog, NetSuite’s Facebook page and @NetSuite Twitter handle for real-time updates.
For more information about NetSuite, please visit www.netsuite.com.
NOTE: NetSuite and the NetSuite logo are service marks of NetSuite Inc. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.Favorite