BOZEMAN, Mont., Aug 10, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) — RightNow (NASDAQ:RNOW) today unveiled the first customer experience cloud platform, RightNow CX Cloud Platform, making it possible for organizations to create, extend and integrate mission-critical customer experience solutions in the cloud.
The new RightNow App Builder opens up the RightNow platform, allowing RightNow clients and partners to create new customer experience applications natively within the RightNow suite and extend RightNow CX to incorporate client- and industry-specific business processes. For example, adding a new service channel such as in-game help, building desktop extensions such as an order processing component, or creating industry-specific workflows and applications to tailor RightNow CX for specific vertical markets.
“Opening up their platform allows RightNow’s customers and partners to not only address more complex business processes with ease, but also create new customer experience applications on the RightNow platform. A strong and open platform will result in a vibrant partner ecosystem that delivers choice for customers and market opportunities for the RightNow community.” Ray Wang, partner, Altimeter Group
The RightNow CX Cloud Platform provides all the elements required to deliver exceptional customer experiences in today’s demanding business environment, including:
- RightNow App Builder, a complete suite of tools to rapidly create, extend, configure and integrate customer experience applications on the RightNow platform.
- RightNow Knowledge Foundation, intelligent authoring, social collaboration, and access for delivering relevant, timely and consistent knowledge across all customer interactions.
- Mission-Critical Operations, a cloud delivery infrastructure that provides the reliability, security and scalability demanded for mission-critical business processes.
RightNow Helps Organizations Design, Build and Connect Customer Experience Applications in the Cloud
Purpose built for customer experience applications, RightNow App Builder allows RightNow clients, partners and developers to build custom customer experience applications and create, extend, configure and integrate unique processes, all on the RightNow platform.
The RightNow App Builder development tools include:
- Custom Objects: this new capability allows integrators and developers to create and customize business objects in the RightNow database schema, enabling them to create new applications, interaction channels, and components on the RightNow platform. (Custom Objects is planned for availability in November 2010).
- Connect: enables developers and integrators to leverage open standards-based API capabilities to rapidly and cost-effectively integrate RightNow CX into virtually anything, including desktop applications, backend systems, telephony systems, and the web. This allows organizations to unify their systems data to provide insightful information exchanges across all customer touch-points.
- Experience Design: allows business analysts and designers to easily configure RightNow CX for engaging experiences. With visual design tools and standard web languages, users can quickly tailor workflows, workspaces, business rules and process definitions to design consistent multi-channel customer experiences.
Get Knowledge Anywhere
RightNow Knowledge Foundation is a set of intelligent authoring, social collaboration and access tools for delivering relevant knowledge across all customer touch-points. RightNow’s patented, self-learning knowledge foundation uses each interaction across the web, social and contact center experiences to continuously improve the knowledge it delivers.
The RightNow Knowledge Foundation includes:
- Social Collaboration: enriches an organization’s knowledge and keeps content fresh and relevant by harnessing social collaboration. Introduced in February 2010, RightNow Collaborative Answers enables consumers to assist in knowledge creation and maintenance by commenting on and rating answers that appear in an organization’s RightNow knowledge base. Organizations can also directly embed or link to consumer-generated content from their RightNow-powered communities to update answers in their RightNow knowledge base.
- Intelligent Authoring: ensures consistent and relevant knowledge with multi-level categorization and rich media answers, across 33 languages and dialects.
- Total Access: delivers relevant knowledge access across all interaction channels, including search engines and any web page via knowledge syndication.
Deliver Mission-Critical Cloud Access Anytime, Everywhere
RightNow Mission-Critical Operations provides the reliability, security and scalability demanded for always-on business processes.
RightNow Mission-Critical Operations includes:
- Reliable Infrastructure: provides global coverage from a fully redundant infrastructure in six geographically dispersed data centers. All of these are robust, world-class data centers which meet strict standards for availability, reliability and security.
- Trusted Security: provides robust security, backed by RightNow’s dedicated security team. Security measures include network intrusion detection and 24×7 monitoring across all data centers; daily external vulnerability assessments and quarterly third-party security audits; and secure, encrypted access for clients. RightNow provides industry-leading compliance certifications to help validate the necessary check points for achieving security requirements, including DIACAP, NIST, PCI-DSS/ PCI-SSC, HIPPA, SAS 70/SSAE 16, and FISMA.
- Robust Scalability: supports the high volume demands for nearly 2,000 clients, including some of the largest global brands such as Sony, Nikon, EA, BT and TomTom, with a proven track record of delivering high availability.
Comments on RightNow CX Cloud Platform
“RightNow’s CX Cloud Platform, including the App Builder, gives technology partners increased flexibility to enhance the functionality of an integrated product offering. This release will enable our deployment teams and partners to extend and scale the joint RightNow and Interactive Intelligence solution to more effectively meet increasing market demand.” Bill Gildea, vice president of business development, Interactive Intelligence
“To deliver great customer experiences in today’s complex and rapidly changing business landscape where consumers have the power and every interaction matters, organizations need a platform purpose built for customer experience. With RightNow CX Cloud platform, our clients and partners can augment our industry-leading, packaged customer experience applications with functionality and processes specific to their unique customer experience strategies. RightNow is dedicated to helping our clients deliver exceptional customer experiences, and the RightNow CX Cloud Platform is the latest innovation we are delivering to achieve that goal.” David Vap, chief solutions officer, RightNow
RightNow is helping rid the world of bad experiences one consumer interaction at a time, seven million times a day. RightNow CX, the customer experience suite, helps organizations deliver exceptional customer experiences across the web, social networks and contact centers, all delivered via the cloud. With more than ten billion customer interactions delivered, RightNow is the customer experience fabric for nearly 2,000 organizations around the globe. To learn more about RightNow, go to www.rightnow.com.
RightNow is a registered trademark of RightNow Technologies, Inc. NASDAQ is a registered trademark of the NASDAQ Stock Market. FRNOW
SOURCE: RightNow Technologies, Inc.
Jaia Zimmerman, 650-653-4441
Horn Group for RightNow
Jaime Lovejoy, 415-905-4039